:: Ken Sumrall Bio
From 1951-1954, Ken Sumrall pastored an interdenominational church which he founded in Greenville, South Carolina. He pastored four different Southern Baptist Churches from 1954-1964. In March of 1964, Ken received the baptism in the Holy Spirit and founded Liberty Church in Pensacola, Florida that same month. Out of Liberty Church came Liberty Bible College, Liberty Felloawship of Ministers and Churches, and Globe Missionary Evangelism.
After 26 years of overseeing these ministries, he resigned in 1990 to begin traveling, writing, and pastoring pastors. To charter these new ministries, Ken Sumrall Ministries was established in 1991. In 1995, he founded Church Foundational Network. Through Ken Sumrall Ministries, he gives Apostolic oversight to the Apostolic Fathers who oversee the CFN gospel ministers who relate to them. These Spiritual Fathers compose the leadership of CFN.
- To identify, affirm and equip leaders.
- To relate leaders to a spiritual father and connect to those who are related to the same spiritual father.
- To reach the unreached
- To equip and mature the reached
- To cooperate with the whole body of Christ
- I commit to be a servant and not a controller
- I commit to always pioneer new frontiers, never settling down
- I commit to continue mentoring, discipling, training and equipping people to minister so that they will not simply be sponges that absorb truth and never deliver it but rather be trained to be doers of the Word
- I commit to major on imparting, not just on informing. My aim is to impart gifts, grace, faith boldness, and vision.
- I commit to mature and establish people so they do not remain babies on milk but become an army to overcome the enemy
- I commit to be ready to take risks and not just play it safe within my comfort zone
- I commit to keep the passion of the Lord for a lost world.
- I commit to help set the church in order with apostolic government so the world can see the order of God in operation.